Hikari Foods is a manufacturer of natural foods which use organic and Japanese-grown ingredients, and contain no artificial additives, MSGs, and so on.
Our current factory was completed in February 2000 following an invitation from Kamiita Town, Tokushima Prefecture, and is designed to be both environmentally- and people-friendly.
The factory is equipped with eco-friendly gas boilers, gas air conditioners, a solar power generation system to provide clean energy, cooling towers and other systems that reuse water, drainage treatment systems the use microbial-activity treatment and hollow-fiber membranes, and other eco-friendly facilities besides.
We also compost fruit and vegetable peel and scraps then return the resulting compost to our farms, to minimize the amount of garbage we produce.
In the course of our journey, our enthusiasm has expanded to include environmental preservation in addition to producing safe and tasty foods.
Since the very beginning, the factory has used a sanitation management system based on the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) system, and pays close attention not only to the safety of the raw materials, but also to the safety of the food in the manufacturing environment.
In February 2020, we acquired the safety certification FSSC 22000.
(Scope of acquisition: Manufacture of sterilized seasonings, including sauces and processed tomato products, and of concentrated fruit juice beverages, in glass bottles, plastic bottles, and cans)
We also established an in-house farming section in 2001, prompted by our desire to contribute to the spread and development of organic farming. The section has set up organic JAS-certified farms using local abandoned farmland, etc. in Tokushima, and grows organic fruits and vegetables on them.
FSSC 713500 / FSSC 22000
FSSC 713500 / FSSC 22000
Company InformationHIKARI FOODS CO., LTD.
|Representative||Representative Director Mitsumasa Shimada|
|Address||127-3, Takase, Kamiita-cho, Itano-gun,Tokushima 771-7347 Japan|
|Contact address||TEL：+81-88-637-6123 FAX:+81-88-637-6166|
- We acquired the safety certification FSSC 22000.
- Registered office is relocated to Kamiita, where current factory is.
- Company’s own farm in Tokushima prefecture starts to cultivate organic vegetables and fruit after being certified as organic JAS.
- New environmentally-friendly factory is relocated to Kamiita-cho in Itano-gun.
Certified as a producer of organic processed food based on JAS Law.
- Toshio Shimada becomes chairman of the board.
Mitsumasa Shimada becomes a representative director.
- Launches the worcester sauce made with organic vegetables and fruits, the first of its kind in Japan.
- Because the market at that time was saturated with products made with synthetic additives, we decided that contributing to society by making good food would be our company policy. With the start of the cho-tokkyu (superexpress) Hikari Shinkansen (‘Hikari’ bullet train) service, we launch our “Cho-tokkyu (super highest quality) Hikari Sauce” made with no synthetic additives.
- Office and factory is relocated to Minami-tamiya in Tokushima City.
- Toshio Shimada starts business as a private concern.