About Us

Company Motto: Make Quality Foods and Contribute to the Society

Founded in 1946 and based in Tokushima, Japan, Hikari Foods is a manufacturer of organic/natural/non-GMO foods which do not use artificial additives such as MSG, preservatives, flavorings, colorings, HFCS, yeast extracts, etc. Our wide product lineup ranges from sauces, dressings to citrus juices, soft drinks, retort pouch foods, etc. We are also passionate about developing vegan/gluten-free products, which we have exported all over the world for years.

Through our journey, our enthusiasm expanded to environmental preservation, in addition to production of "safe and tasty" foods. Our current Kamiita Factory built in February, 2000 installed facilities such as eco-friendly gas boilers, gas air conditioners, solar power generation system, sprinklers that reuse water, a latest drainage treatment facility, a compost yard that reduces the quantity of waste. In the production line, the sanitary management system was introduced on the basis of HACCP, as well as the quality control was introduced on the basis of ISO9002.

Company History

2017
Registered office is relocated to Kamiita, where current factory is.
2001
Companyfs own farm in Tokushima prefecture starts to cultivate organic vegetables and fruit after being certified as organic JAS.
2000
New environmentally-friendly factory is relocated to Kamiita-cho in Itano-gun.
Certified as a producer of organic processed food based on JAS Law.
1999
Toshio Shimada becomes chairman of the board.
Mitsumasa Shimada becomes a representative director.
1977
Launches the worcester sauce made with organic vegetables and fruits, the first of its kind in Japan.
1964
Because the market at that time was saturated with products made with synthetic additives, we decided that contributing to society by making good food would be our company policy. With the start of the cho-tokkyu (superexpress) Hikari Shinkansen (eHikarif bullet train) service, we launch our gCho-tokkyu (super highest quality) Hikari Sauceh made with no synthetic additives.
1957
Office and factory is relocated to Minami-tamiya in Tokushima City.
1946
Toshio Shimada starts business as a private concern.